I help build conflict-resilient organisations and improve employee well-being through mediation
What is conflict costing your business?
- The CBI estimates that ‘conflict costs UK business £33 billion per year, taking up 20% of leadership time and potentially losing up to 370 million working days’.
- Those wasted days come at a cost to your organisation in terms of productivity and profitability.
- Not taking action means that your organisation is at a higher risk of expensive employment tribunals, with a negative impact for your company’s reputation.
Are you an HR business partner looking for a qualified mediator to resolve disputes in your workplace?
I offer workplace mediation online and over the phone, as well as face to face mediation when appropriate.
I specialise in the following types of workplace conflict resolution:
- Allegations of bullying, harassment or discrimination.
- Change management.
- Collective disputes.
- Conflicts between senior managers, middle leaders and decision makers.
- Determining difficult issues relating to possible disability and what, if any, reasonable adjustments need to be made as a consequence.
- Equal pay.
- Personality clashes.
- Reintegrating employees absent due to sickness.
- Team conflict.
- Terms and conditions of employment or flexible working.
What are the benefits of using a mediator in mediation?
Mediation provides a safe environment where participants are heard and their views are respected
Mediation is structured yet flexible.
Mediation is confidential and without prejudice.
Mediation allows for creative solutions which may not be available in other court-based approaches.
Mediation procedures are less formal: no Court, no judge, no tribunal.
Mediation saves time, money and stress for you.
The anatomy of a mediation session
Mediation is a process in which two or more people involved in a dispute meet and with the help of a neutral third person (the mediator) to work out a solution to their problem.
STEP 1: First contact
You contact me by email or by phone. I send you an online referral form. Once I receive it, I contact you to agree the date and other details of the mediation.
STEP 2: Preparation
I contact both parties by phone or video call (zoom or MS Teams) to introduce myself and to answer any questions that participants may have. I send the mediation agreement and my invoice. We test the technology and I set up a private session with each party.
STEP 3: Mediation day
I work with both parties in private sessions and plenary sessions to move towards reconciliation and develop a resolution action plan.
STEP 4: Follow-up
I send you a feedback questionnaire. We agree to check-in calls for 12 months as part of the follow-up process.
You can work with me in two ways
You can hire me for one mediation. The cost is £2500 +VAT. If a dispute is particularly deep-seated, then additional days/meetings can be inserted where necessary at a cost of £500 + VAT per half-day session. This fee equates to approximately £275 per hour +VAT (a seven-hour mediation day with two hours’ preparation).
You can opt for one of the three Dispute Resolution Plans (Gold, Silver and Bronze). These enable us to work together for twelve months, and bring you substantial savings.
In addition, for each of these you have:
- a free one-hour onboarding webinar
- free access to my NP Helpline (Monday to Friday)
- free access to modules from my Online Licensed Training which each include one hot-seat per month