‘There is usually more than one story’
One of the biggest challenges in a conflict is to listen. Emotions can run high. Anger tends to be a surface emotion. But if you look at what drives the anger, you will often find hurt, pain, or fear.
Laura Kirkpatrick and Julie Farrell are both Mediators, Trainers, Conflict Coach and Restorative Justice Facilitators. They both work for Solution Talk, a North West based conflict resolution company specialising in Mediation, Training, Conflict Coaching & Restorative Justice.
I love what they say about the role of Mediators ‘Mediators ensure that people have an opportunity to have their say, be heard and work out what needs to change so they can work out a mutually acceptable solution.’
In this podcast, we discussed:
- How to resolve the neighbour dispute?
- How do you handle people who say ‘I am right, you’re wrong’?
- What has COVID changed for them as a Mediator/Trainer?
- What research do they use to support your work?
- How do they manage the difference of opinions?
- What legacy do you want to have as a mediator?
My favourite quote from the podcast
‘We all have a choice & sometimes you have to let your feelings go in order to move forward. The #mediation process can help you get ahead.’
Please leave your review on iTunes. It means the world to me when I read your feedback, and it can help others decide to ‘press play’ & to listen to my podcast. Thank you.