Welcome to the 65th episode of my latest podcast #Leadingthecoachingchange.
I’ve invited Fay Wallis who is a Career Coach, an Executive Coach and Outplacement Specialist. I met Fay when I was a member of Janet Murray’s community 4 years ago. What I really like about Fay is her authenticity, her sense of perfection, her professionalism and her positivity.
Be not mistaken, the next few months and years are going to be not only challenging but uncertain because of the ongoing economic impact from Coronavirus around the world. In this episode, Fay and I are going to share with you how she is supporting employees and HR professionals with redeployment and redundancies.
- Some of the most difficult conversations HR professionals have is around redundancies
- It’s hard to deliver bad news. How do you do that?
- It’s ok to feel upset or confused or angry
- As a Career Coach, you’ve got to be able to make that call and decided when it might actually be more helpful for that client to be offered counselling.
Fay and I together, we
explore how we can best help people when their role is being made redundant
share strategic steps that people can take to find a job as there are jobs available.
examine what the ‘survivor syndrome is’ and how you can best navigate it
discuss the courageous conversations that HR professionals are having
And if want to know the ONE tool that you should be using if you are writing up your CV or a letter of application, Fay reveals it all.
My favourite quote from this episode:
“This time is yours: what do you want to use it for”.
Fay and I have put together a list of professional bodies to help you:
- CIPD: for HR professionals
- ACCA: for Accountancy professionals
- CIM: for Marketing professionals
- CMI:Chartered Management Institute – for anyone in a management or leadership role
- A full list of professional bodies can be found at this site:https://www.ukecc-services.net/ukpbata.cfm
Fay’s website at https://www.brightskycareercoaching.co.uk/
If you are concerned that the difficult conversations that your employees need to have are being compromised by remote working – then you need to speak to me! Either email me today at email@example.com