Dr Phyl Hughes is a Business Psychologist at H2Pro. She is a coach, working with a range of mid to top layer leaders in the UK. Her USP as a coach is at the meeting point of you-your strategy-your organisation. She asks if this is the strategic direction of your firm, what do your leadership behaviours need to look like to deliver it. Dr Phyl’s work on culture change piece from top level to mid level.
I always love finding a common denominator with the people I interview on my podcast and with Dr Phyl, it is the definition of what a leader is “the role of a leader is about being a translator.”
– “It is about guiding people to be clear about their strategic direction, and then how that has a genuine meaning on how they are as a leader with that.”
– “People have a curious psychology around change, in that they crave it, but then when they do engage with it is daunting, even if that change is what they’d wished for.”
-? “Organisations have their own particular habits in how they go about managing change and a whole set of expectations, mindsets , fear, fantasies, and enablers, blockers that either make change fly or get in the way of it .”
– “I suggest to people that they need to think about change in 3 areas: what it needs to change, why it does need to change and how we go about that change”.
On this episode of the Leading The Coaching Change, you’ll also hear:
* How to understand the difference between efficient and effective ways of approaching, engaging and being comfortable with change
* What Dr Phyl’s views are on models of change
* What the role of a leader is about being a translator
* How use the concept of congruence within the language of change
(And there were so many more points in this one I can?t even cover here ? be sure to listen to get them all.)
I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Just select ?Listen in Apple Podcasts?, and then click the ?Ratings and Reviews? tab to share your kind words. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Do hit ?reply? to this email and let me know what you think of this episode when you’ve had a chance to listen.
p.s. Don’t forget, if you want to book my next Masterclass on 28th January 2020 ‘Coaching for Managing Difficult Conversations’, I have 6 places available.